Friday, August 24, 2007

TRI-STATE GAS ENGINE & TRACTOR SHOW

The Tri-State Gas Engine & Tractor Show is held annually in Portland, Indiana. It’s billed as the World’s largest. If it is or not may depend on how you defined it. In regards to gas engines I have little doubt that it is. It was going to be a hot day so I got there at 8:00 AM, by 11:00 AM I had enough.

Lots of things to see ranging from displays of old spark plugs, the one in the middle is a monster.

To an old home built helicopter made from various car parts,

to a 3/4 Midget racer with a Crosley engine.

But the main thing that distinguishes this show from others is the number of gas engines displayed such as this 1923, 50 hp, Fairbanks-Morse.

I believe the total number of full size farm tractors at the show was supposed to be between 700-900. There were several I had not seen before such as this Brockway.

A 1918 Model C Indiana.

A David Bradley Tri Trac

Gibson SD

Besides the farm tractors, lawn & garden tractors are becoming increasingly popular at these shows. Gravely was a featured make this year. Which reminds me I need to cut the grass. RMB


No comments: